- Write 500 words a day, using the #WIP500 challenge to keep me on track
I've been finding the #WIP500 challenge to be very helpful. In January, I didn't write everyday but I did write a substantial number of words. At the end of the month I had 12,597/15,500 words written for WIP500. For my first real month of developing a daily writing habit, I think that counts as a win.
- Participate in one additional challenge a month
- January: 31 Things in 31 Days
- February: Days of Grey
- March-October: Unknown
- November: National Novel Writing Month
- December: Novel Finishing Month
I wrote a few pieces to go along with 31 Things in 31 Days but mostly I found that pictures aren't a way that I find inspiration very often. I'll still check for inspiration during the Days of Grey but I think that my writing time will be better spent focusing on my other writing projects. This is a goal that I'm going to drop off the list. If I see a challenge that interests me I'll do it but I'll try not to over commit my writing time.
- Write the Second Draft of Hive Mind
The Second Draft of Hive Mind is currently in progress. I'm at section 9/75. Lots to be done but I'm happy with what I've done so far.
- Finish the First Draft of Greased Gears
- Outline, Write, and Edit a Seasonal Steampunk Serial for December 2012
I've got brainstorming/outline notes for 5/25 sections/days so I think I'm in decent shape for now. I'll definitely keep thinking about it so that it will go quickly when I get to sit down and write it.
- Brainstorm, Outline and complete a novel for NaNoWriMo 2012
- Experiment with Short Fiction
- Dance to Live Music every chance that I get
I got to dance to live music several times this month and I had a great time. I think this is helping a lot with feeling inspired in my dancing.
- Try a different kind of social dance every month
I think that I'm going to drop this goal off my list in favor of a different project that I have in the works. More information to come when I actually have something to share.
- Lose 100 pounds
- Exercise Daily
- Go back to Phase One of the South Beach Diet
- Keep sugar and soda banished from my eating habit except for special occasions
I've had reasonable success on this part of my goals. I've currently lost 7 pounds which is a pretty healthy rate of loss for a month. Exercising daily is something that I'm still working on but I'm getting more exercise in than before which is a good start. Phase One of the diet went well. The transition to phase two has been rocky. Officially, naan has been added back into our meals once a week and I'm working to eliminate the unofficial parts.
- Maintain a certain level of Cleanliness around the house
Well...seeing this on the list made me clean the area around my computer.
- Find a volunteer position to gain advocacy experience
I attended an information session for one of the organizations I'm interested in working with but I haven't taken any additional steps forward yet.
- Maintain A's in the classes I will be taking
So far so good, however midterms are coming up this week.
- Apply to Genetic Counseling Programs in the Fall
- Money goals
- Spend less money
- Pay off the credit card and start saving money
I'm working on it.
- Finish the Christmas Knitting
- Weave ends in on all four hats
- Weave ends in a two scarves
- Finish knitting and complete a scarf
- Knit and complete a scarf
I just have to weave ends in on two hats and a scarf and I'm done with the Christmas knitting!
- Make a coffee cup sleeve
- Make a water bottle sleeve
- Practice Double Knitting
I've started a practice piece. I think I understand the principles of double knitting but I'm going to practice a bit more before I do something I actually want to wear.
- Design (or find) a pattern for gears for a scarf (double knit)
- Finish the Monster Afghan
- Knit one hat for the homeless each month to be donated in December
I'll need to need an extra one this month.
- Re-finish the corset that I made this October
- Make the bodice for the skirts that I already have made
The only progress I made sewing wise was planning what to make when I've completed these projects.
Other Crafting Goals:
- Design a Steampunk Block Print
- Draw something once a week
I have a small collection of doodles/drawings in one of my class notebooks but I'd like to work on something a little more exciting for February.
- Paint something once a month
I thought about what I would paint but I never took the next step. If I can, I'll do an extra painting for February but if I can't I refuse to stress about this.
Reading and Blogging Goals:
- Make a dent in my To Read Shelf
My to-read shelf is largely unchanged, though I've finished most of the books loaded on the kindle app of my phone.
- Only buy anticipated releases by favorite authors and books for school/book club until my pile of books to read is much smaller
I made the mistake of only buying the first book of a trilogy for my Steampunk book club. I had to go get the next couple but with the aid of a gift card from Christmas, I didn't spend very much on my shiny new books.
- Have something read to review once a week
I have the reading part down but I haven't gotten many reviews posted. Something to work on.
- Keep a consistent blogging schedule
My blogging is getting more consistent. It isn't quite at the regular schedule that I want to have yet but it is almost there.