Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In July 24

I've made progress toward re-establishing my exercise routine.  I've gotten my morning cycling back into consistency.  I haven't done as well running or walking every night, so that's my main goal for this week.  I've  done half of my C25K review so far.  That puts me behind where I want to be but I am seeing an increase in my speed and stamina.  I'll finish my review of weeks 3 and 4 and hopefully start week 5 this week.

I also learned that my dog is an even worse jogging partner than my sister's dog.  He was actually slowing down my running at points and he got tired before I did.  At one point when I was running, he came to a dead stop in the middle of the track.  That isn't including his attempts to stop and mark or to greet the other walkers and joggers.  I have to take him with me for the rest of the week so hopefully he has a learning curve.

Yesterday, I took my first ballet class in about 10 years.  It felt really good.  I was surprised by how much of the muscle memory is still there though my balance needs some work.  I'm a bit sore today and I'm taking that as a sign that I should go back next week.  I think this will be a nice addition to my regular swing dancing routine.  Plus a class is definitely going to be more consistent exercise than social dancing.

I started tracking my calorie intake using MyFitnessPal.com.  My first resolution is to never eat at the Burger King next to work ever again.  Good thing Subway is only a little bit farther.  I've never really done calorie counting before since I've preferred to change how I eat and skip tracking food.  This seems to be pretty doable since the calorie counts for foods are listed in a database.  I am at the very least going to give it a try.


Statistics:

Current Weight: 227.6 pounds
Last Week:   228.2 pounds

Weight Loss/Gain: 0.6 pounds lost

Starting Weight: 225.2 pounds
Highest Point: 228.2 pounds
Lowest Point: 224.8 pounds



Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

No comments:

Post a Comment